Monday, June 23, 2008

The Notwist

There's a lot that's been happening in the musical world but I've been too busy/lazy to write about. But the release of the Notwist album is finally dragging me out of my cave. They've been a bit of a musical chameleon - they started as a grunge/metal band (!@*#!?), but Neon Golden, their last album and the only one I've listened to, was more indie electro-pop. Since I got it on Wednesday, The Devil, You + Me has been on constant repeat - in my car, at home, at work; snippets loop in my head the few times during the day when I'm not connected to speakers. I've gotten stuck on the third track, "Gloomy Planets." There are a lot of solid tracks, but I just can't get past this one. (I could probably also get stuck on "Good Lies," but I feel bad about not even getting past the opener.) The jury's still out as to whether I like it more than Neon Golden, but right now, I don't really care. It's great and worth a listen. Or five hundred.

No comments: